Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hawk & Duck

I cant remember the Duck's name at the moment!...and this after another photog identified it...saw two Hawks today...the first was Coop!...I had just come upon the Duck over at the Tourist Beach...which I'll re-name here the Ozone Sands!...and I got out of my cross country skis to get closer...and thought to use a tree on the bank as cover...but Coop was there...for cover...and I startled Coop to fly off ahead to another tree....the Duck was new...so I let Coop wait...and got a clip and pic of the Duck...ah...but Coop flew to another tree further off...so I lost a good pic...with the snow and all...for the Duck...and maybe saved the Duck...or ruined Coop's lunch!...I continued on the loop to Swinging Bridge and all the way back to Cook's Meadow...there I'm on the south side of the Merced and I see a photog sighting on Zeke...or another Redtail...got a pic and little clip...but way far away...saw Broken Antleer Buck twice out in Cook's...last pic of day again...one Doe with him...saw Broken twice because I made the big loop twice!...a wonderful day with snow falling...and the photog turned up at Creek's End...takes critter pics too...and we swapped some critter pic stories!....met up back at the Duck...where there were some Brown Creepers...all fuzzy pics..but one good clip...Bobcat seen at the Post Office...photog saw Bear of yesterday tracks by the Rooms...says there's Rabbit tracks about...dont know but these are the ones I think are Grey Squirrels!...when it wasn't snowing...and it was big flakes snow!...it was cloudy...the Falls and Domes behind the clouds or barely seen...which is neat...wore me out...but tomorrow I'll do it all again as it's really cool to be able to cross country ski the walkabout!


No comments: