Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day







When I first got to the Creek I saw Bobcat on the other side just behind the Deer House Garage...Bobcat sat there a long while and I took clips and pics...finally Bobcat started walking and went out towards Cook's Meadow....I picked up and followed and lost sight but Bobcat surprised me coming out from behind a pine right in front...I set the tripod down...took the camera off and got a close clip with pics...this one...and took clip of Bobcat going up the road and them make a right into the Oaks and Pines right across from Lower Falls...cool clips but didn't get any really good pics...Bobcat settled down in the Bracken Ferns again and went to sleep...I tried to circle around but couldn't find Bobcat again and didn't want to wake Bobcat up...meanwhile...Hawk flew over and was over by the Chapel Footbridge...I caught up with Hawk over by Pine Grove past the Woodpecker Tree...got clips and pics...Hawk flew off finally and I picked up only to see a photog on his knees taking a pic of one of those little pines!...I had to take a pic and introduced myself and told him and his friend if I had their address I'd send it!...neither of us had a pencil...I have to start carrying a little journal and writing materials along!...went up the boardwalk and took pics and clips of Blue Birds...got something to eat later at Owl Log in the village and on the way back heard Flicker's call like right in my ear...they can be loud!...and I craned my neck looking at the trees...but then I remembered they like to be on the ground...and I looked down and Flicker was right at my feet!...I kinda amazed the tourists who were watching!...pics are all blurry...Flicker is always moving...someday I want to get a good pic as Flicker is colorful...back at Cook's, Hawk landed in the Elm..got clip and pic...then I circled around to see if Bobcat might still be napping...and saw Hawk's shadow...and overhead Hawk landed atop the Cedar...and was taking in the view of Half Dome...this is very cool as I've seen Owl do this twice....went over to Chapel Meadow and Cooper's Meadow...but couldn't find Coop...sun was fading and I went around back over the Footbridge to Owl Log...ate the food I got at the Village...I was hungry!...and a family showed up enjoying the views...and I picked up and left them the best seat in the Valley there at Creek's End for seeing the sun set on Half Dome...now with leaves gone it is!....was on way back to Cabin...too early I thought as I had wanted to wait for Owl...but the Deer were parading around the Fall's restored meadow...got clip of them going past the view of the Lower Falls...tourist about...I followed them...lost them...then had tourist point them out to me...they were beside the road causing a Deer Jam and tourists were in amongst them trying to get pics and clips and even offering them acorns...I dont take clips of the tourists...but did this time from aways off....even warmer today, sunny and blue...a lucky day to see Bobcat, Hawk, Bluebird, and Flicker...got clip of Robin at Creek's end...and Ouzel...and the clip of Hawk on the Cedar with Half Dome in back...that's special!...I call the Redtail, Zeke, now...it looks to be the same Hawk I first got pics of at the Tiki Temple Outlet Pipe....and..and I may have seen an Eagle...at last light a large bird with long wings...thought it might be Heron but didn't have the long beak...flew over in the fading light... it was just a glimpse!!...but it looked like the bird I saw up in Tuolumne...the way it flew I mean.

No comments: