Thursday, September 4, 2014

Huntington Beach Sidewalk


















Hwy. 39 has an entrance to Huntington Beach State Park too, and thought yesterday evening, after a visit to Bolsa Chica Nature Preserve Bridge (quietquiet), to park thereabout so as to be close to the Pier, and be able to walk or peddle over to it...there's a really wide sidewalk that goes south from the Pier to 39, and I think further on, maybe as far as the Jetty...have to looksee this evening!...I've been looking for a place that I can peddle the drop handle bike and not have to deal with cars...the River Trail is okay, but narrow, and I, being a slowpoke, have to deal with the other drop handles!...anyway, I peddled on the beach cruiser over to the Pier, took a couple sunset pics, picked up a sandwich at Subway across the street (kind of impressive stores hereabout--Huntington Beach, the city, welcomed with open arms beach front development!), paddled out on the Pier, and snacked while sitting on a bench..before return, made a loop out to Pier's End...only like four fishermen scattered about, and not very many folk promenading, and this while some light still in the sky...summer crowds just like drop off a cliff after Labor Day!...it was windy, and that maybe part of reason...saw fishermen who had picked up at start...warm clear windy at sunset...yesterday, I used the word 'refrain' as a verb..."I refrain that 300mm lenses are best..."...I dont think it is a verb, in the sense I mean, repeating, but I kinda wish it is, as I would refrain refrain a lot!...often I post up a treasured idea, or thought, and it's like a one time voicing, and I'm beginning to think that if one has an idea, or inventive thought, saying it just once with the expectation that it will be heard and understood isn't going to work...puzzling over this a bit...one can use the web to post refrains...and in Nature refrains are common...Mocking Birds' choruses are daily!...refrain refrain is what I call a 'double word'...often serving people at Last Chance, I'd say 'thankyou thankyou'...I hear this a lot too when from waiters and waitresses...double words are a verb noun pairing...every noun can be a verb, and visa versa...I discovered this once just writing different double words over and over on a sheet of paper (which made me dizzy!)...sometimes I hear them in songs, or in tv commercials, but I don't think the grammar is the emphasis!...Monday Monday...Pizza Pizza...trick is to dwell on the sense of the word, its 'what it does' verb sense, and its 'what it is' noun sense...hence: DavidDavid...how I sign off on art, and little movies I make!!!...come to think of it, there's something of the adjective in the pairings too...short short...brb...had to look up adverb!...and maybe adverbness too...gently gently...Touch Touch is what got me started on this notion many many years ago!

No comments: