Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wedge Pipers











Rolled out to the Wedge...parking no problem, found a spot right there...while taking Sunset pics, noted the couple, and, wth, snuck a candid pic, which I thought likely I wouldn't post, until I saw during upload review, boy was a photog...photogs are fair game!...thought was to take Piper pics and clips in the sunset lighting, and took a desultory few...arrived too late sorta, wasn't settled in...Wedge is a special kinda place, things converge...ancients would have set up a Henge!...picked up and went back to the Pier...paddled out to Pier's End, and thought to perch at an outside table for a snack, but skeleton Ruby's crew busybusy, and paddled back to Balboa Bakery for a turkey sandwich and sabe...and snacked in the Plaza...which is a kinda convergent spot too!...clear warm light breeze...earlier in the day, I'd thought to roll out, and tried to empty Sliver of stored loot and gear, thinking to find my fishing license, which has gone missing...and I got to messing with the soft top's back window, the zipper of which has been stuck since I got Silver...saw on TV or web, that windex works on zippers, tried that, and it did!...but too well, as the zipper unzipped behind the zipper... cursor?..what is that?...anyway, zipper unzipped on both sides of the thingy that slides and opens and closes it, and fussing with it some more, the plastic window all but dropped out of the soft top...the soft top is only a deterrent to thieves by looking closed...and with no back window, it wasn't looking closed...so I fussed, and looked for clues on web, and finally rolled over to the Dollar store for big safety pins, my only dreamt up solution, but passing the tools shelves, I spotted tie wraps...'why didn't I think of that?...I have those'....got the pins anyway, big safety pins can be useful...rummaged through my tool boxes for a punch, and fastened the top of the plastic window to the soft top with tie wraps...tie wraps worked fine!...could have made it cleaner if the holes I made were grommeted....can still do that...and now I'm thinking to put big grommets at the lower corners, and close the bottom with padlocks!...looks are everything!...that done, I took a nap...and so rolled out late...and I don't know where my fishing license went...it's on a string I wear around my neck usually, and often I wake up in the morning with it still on, having forgotten it was there...it's somewhere!...zipper thingy is called the 'slider'...hmmph...but 'interdigitate', what zippers do when they close, now that's a word!...'near the surf on the beach, the young couple interdigitated before the setting sun'....oh...Piper's leg isn't injured, that's how Piper stands 'squarely' on one leg...

and Oh!!!...facebook has a long come on ad about some secret new technology apple has...'get in on this new stock purchase now!' ...curious, I did an 'interdigitated' search, and then, remembering the ad, an 'interdigitated microbattery iwatch' search...haven't read yet what that brought up...brb...

quote

Researchers at the University of Illinois have developed a microbattery array which employs 3D electrodes. The claim is that these batteries are much powerful than even the best supercapacitor and are capable of charging 1000 times faster than current batteries. The 3D electrodes have small intertwined fingers that reach into each other thereby increasing the surface area and bringing the anode and cathode closer, so that the ions and electrons do not have to travel far.

BATTERY! What the future holds for battery technology 0
http://www.technotification.com/2014/05/battery-what-future-holds-for-battery.html

end quote

:)

No comments: