Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Huntington Beach State Park



















Yesterday afternoon rolled out Magnolia, crossed PCH, showed my senior State Beach/Park Pass, parked, for free!, and paddled out to the Ocean and claimed my patch of Sand!...Sandpipers about, and I tried to make some music videos by putting my ipod earbuds next to the camera's microphones...that didn't work too well, so wore the earbuds, and that almost worked!...in one clip, Two Sandpipers apart, and gradually moving together, mimics Train's much viewed muisic video, Soul Sister...did another with two more Sandpipers, one catches Sandcrab, with Shiny Toy Guns' song Major Tom...and that one worked too!...near the end of the clip, a jogging couple came by along the surf line, and the clip follows them off into the sunset distance...'earth below us, falling falling, aaaah aah aaaha aah ahhh ahhhh ahhh'...camera microphone picked up too much wind noise, and not much of the music...even on volume highest I can barely hear the songs...I had them turned up loudest too when playing, and had no trouble hearing them in my head then while making the clip!...much fun...thought is to have a digital camera with an mp3 player inside it that would play songs while one is making clip, with or without the ambient noises, adding soundtrack in real time...it becomes a dance of sort with the music playing, moving the camera, zooming in and out, all in real time...a lucky thing at the Wedge was there was no wind, and so no microphone wind noise, and I got good recording of surf pounding, and chit chat from onlookers...clear warm light breeze...well, it will be a daily lament until I get the 70-300mmDO lens fixed...and I looked at lenses on the web last night, something I haven't done in a long while, or cameras either, having been content with ones I have...and, by gosh, canon now makes a lens like the one I have, and it's a red ring L lens...mine is a green ring...and the price for it is the same as one like mine new...about $1400...oh, this is a must have, and reviews recommend the T3i body...together this a terrific modestly priced set up for wildlife photogs...I refrain that 300mm is best length...anything longer and one is too far away to really sense what a critter is about...but this new lens has 1.4x and 2x extenders!...which lengthens it to as far as 600mm...this would be very good to take clips with...sigh...maybe by January funds will be sufficient!

No comments: