Friday, September 12, 2014

Radio
















I looked all over Target, and Best Buy, and even on the web there wasn't much to find--the transistor radio seems to have gone extinct!...  at least the ones that use the little square batteries...finally ordered up from amazon a small one that uses aaa batteries...pic up...it gets both am and fm...my mp3 players, Samsung and ipod, get fm radio, though I've never figured out how, which was from being in the Mountains where there wasn't any fm reception...and there's a lot of rigmarole to using an mp3 too!...wanted much the simplicity of the old little radios...I try to keep up with progress ("America's religion"--Laura Riding), and bought a Walkman once, and I have somewhere a cd player radio combo, but just a radio I want to listen to the ballgames while I fish on the Pier!...Pier's End crowded, and Mackerels being caught last evening...rolled out near sunset, so, dark when I arrived...snacked on hotdog and soda on the Plaza low wall decorated with metal starfish, which are firmly attached enough not to be stolen, so far...a lot of the newer decorative low walls along sidewalks in Newport have small metal accents, which is nice...I await the day when american culture begins to do decorative, rather than just functional, architecture!...clear warm light breeze...I keep my shoes on the back porch, and when I gear up, I put them
on while sitting on the back step, contemplating the patio...the old patio is full of my tenants' accumulation...I don't know when the engine block first arrived, and if it ever will exit, and finally this morning, I finally just lost it and told the kid, 'everything has to go, the backyard, the garage, all the stored stuff'...'everything?'...'yes, everything'...it wont happen, Asians, even American Asians, are inscrutable...I cant get a dog because the dog door is blocked by stored stuff, and the  backyard filled with hazardous to dogs' health stuff...and if I keep reading Call of the Wild, I'm gonna start growling...

No comments: