Friday, September 19, 2014

Path to Trestles





















No pics today...only rolled out to the gym to try and get my legs and lungs going...basketball game to ref tomorrow morning...but I want to keep the string of recent postups going too!...after the bus rides, I thought to make a bookend of 30 visits to the Coast with Silver...and that has lapped over into being simply a daily Coast visit routine going on indefinitely!...missed this evening...but I have been wanting to do the linking of the writers Cooper, Muir, Twain, and now I've added, London...it's an odd thing, but they do link and very closely...for sometime still, as I've opted to post up the Trestles Path pics...Tuesday's Trestles post was getting too long, so I saved them...the pic of the Surfing Contest Stands is at what is called Lower Trestles...the Beach there is cobblestones...I know that because I watched it on the web..two or three contest sets...contest is one stop on the Pro Surfing Tour...waves looked the same as day before when I was there at the northern beach...the Pond I wanted to go sit by, see what Waterbirds about, but too frazzled by the heat...the Path starts at the State Beach's Parking lot, where I could use my free pass, on the inland side of the Freeway...this is next to Carl's Jr., and also by the furthest south Orange County Transit bus stop...this is where I missed two small bus shuttles to the San Clemente Pier when they went inexplicably off duty when they pulled up...had the misgiving that the drivers thought me a vagabound...which wouldn't surprise me...there's a lot of them around thereabout...the staff of the Carl's Jr. is beset, and grumpy...walking the Trestle Path, I realized they likely hang out in the River Bed's vegetation...the Path is like half a mile, dusty, and goes under the Freeway, graffitt of interest thereabout!, passes the old Highway One, now a fine bike path, and goes under the Train Trestle, which is a redo with the Trestles letters imprinted in the cement, and the landmark for the name Trestles....while I was walking, the alarm went off at the Power Plant...no one looked alarmed, likely just a test, but I found the low sirens' moan alarming and ominous!...today hereabout clear warm light breeze...from Surfers, elitist irreverence is kinda refreshing!...and the ones on the tour are certainly a privileged bunch!...oh...a wheelchair bound beach goer was stumped by getting over the curb to the Path, and a passing officer pointed out one can take the road over the freeway, and from there the bike path to where I saw it...

No comments: